An opportunity has arisen in our accounting department.
Job title: Accounts Assistant
Job location: Vitality Stadium
Reports to: Finance Director
Hours: 35 hours per week
Main purposes of role
- Support all areas of the accounts department function.
- Assist in the processing of financial data, which leads to the department’s preparation of financial information for communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to the control of the sales ledger including raising sales invoices, adding new customers to the accounting software, debtor/credit control and reconciliations.
- Contribute to the control of the purchase ledger, including processing purchase invoices, matching to purchase orders, ensuring the correct approvals process is adhered to.
- Assisting with cash in the business, to include cashing up events and matchdays, banking funds, ensuring sufficient change is available for all departments and monitoring petty cash.
- Reconciliations of various ledger balances.
- Assisting with various other tasks such as bank and credit card reconciliations, fuel card claims and expenses processing.
- Supporting all other aspects of the department where required.
- Key objectives
- Ensure that all invoices are on the system in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all invoices are progressed through the system within expected time frames, from purchase requisition to payment, to allow the business to meet payment terms as agreed with suppliers.
- Reconcile all ledgers that the employee is responsible for, within time frames set out by the monthly timetable.
- Ensure that all departments have cash collected & processed and change ordered and delivered in time for their requirements.
- Fulfill other tasks within the department and business as necessary.
- Contribute to a successful department through flexibility and hard work.
- Education and work experience requirements
- Minimum 2 years’ experience of working in an Accounts/Finance department.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate with internal and external customers.
- Computer proficiency including MS Office (especially Excel) and experience of working with accounting software.
- Ability to work independently under pressure whilst maintaining high standards of professional care and a positive attitude.
- GCSE grade C or equivalent in English and Mathematics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Understanding of basic VAT rules.
- Experience of interaction with auditors and other external stakeholders.
To apply for the role, please email a CV and covering letter to: email@example.com by 1st February 2019.
AFC Bournemouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants to this post will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service with Children’s Barring List Check.
AFC Bournemouth values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community (Equality Act 2010).