To deliver such an effective programme of individual person centred learning, Crumbs boasts an experienced staff team. Our team is really important to us and we have a number of exciting vacancies on offer if you’d like to join it!
Click here for Staff Vacancies
Activities organiser for older people needed
Crumbs is located in an annexe adjacent to 49 flats for older people and we provide the residents with cafe facilities during the day. We would like to be able to engage the residents in other activities to increase interaction, improve their social life and improve their health and well being.
We are looking for a volunteer who can plan and deliver a programme of activities and events for older people. No previous experience is needed. But would be advantageous. The volunteer will be accompanied by some of our trainees who will also benefit through developing their people skills.
To support disadvantaged/unemployed people entering a workplace.
Job coaches can help in many different ways depending on the individual needs.
Some of the ways in which they can help include:
- Moral support on the first day/first few days in a new job.
- Help with induction or training.
- Help to learn new tasks by breaking down into easily learnt steps..
- Helping work colleagues understand your support needs.
- Advising employers on adaptations to the work place.
- Helping to adapt to changes at work – even if they have been there a while.
Job Coaches will only stay for as long as they are needed. They will fade away but can return if necessary. Job coaches will also help to develop natural supports in the workplace.
Crumbs encourages its trainees to be involved in all aspects of the organisation. Therefore we encourage them to make deliveries to customers. However, most of our volunteers cannot drive and we need volunteer drivers to drive for our trainees, this may include:
- Deliveries of Snakpak boxes.
- Deliveries of Buffets and Celebration Cakes.
- Deliveries of food to outreach locations.
- Transporting trainees/graduates to outreach locations.
The volunteer will be involved in the following activities:
- Running the reception area, greeting visitors and directing them to appropriate staff in the building.
- Answering incoming calls, providing information and or directing calls to appropriate staff.
- Undertaking other administration and basic marketing tasks.
- Depending on ability, making posts on social media.
- Mentoring our trainees who want administration experience.
Trainee Support volunteer (learning activities)
Our Training and Development section is a very important part of our charity and our trainees face multiple reasons that affect them being able to get a job. They will need vocational skills but poor essential skills such as English, Maths and ICT can be a barrier and they also need employability skills such as writing a CV, researching jobs and interview skills. Volunteers are needed to work alongside our Training and Development Manager and/or qualified tutors to support our trainees who may need support on a one to one basis.
You will train as you work but there may be opportunities to outside courses that lead to qualifications in Learner Support or Teaching Adults.
Outreach Cooks and Catering Assistants
Our aim is for our trainees to move on to employment when they have completed their training. It is not always possible for ‘graduates’ to find employment immediately and we are, therefore, developing outreach projects that can further develop the skills of our graduates until they can obtain employment. The projects can be at residential units for older people or lunch clubs in the community. Without volunteer support we would not be able to sustain many of these activities, which provide invaluable training for our trainees.
If you are interested in any of this very rewarding voluntary work you can get more details from Leanne Miller, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01202 519320.