The role of a Crumbs trainee
The role of a trainee is to take part in the Training Programme. You will be expected to be responsible and committed to your training. It is important that you work as a team with the staff, Volunteers, Interns and trainees. You will be working/training in the main kitchen, bakery and dining room, you may be expected to work/train in other locations other than the training centre. You will learn customer service, food preparation, cooking, baking and money handling skills. You will be expected to attend courses such as Food Hygiene and Health & Safety as part of your training.
- To arrive for work and training on time at the set time given.
- You will need to change from your personal clothing into work clothing.
- You will need to be changed and ready to start work and training 5 minutes before your session starts.
- Be committed to your learning.
- Pay attention to instructions and training given at all times.
- Be respectful to all you are working with.
- Personal hygiene.
Kitchen / Bakery: You must be involved in the following:
- Food preparation, cooking and baking.
- Preparing food for buffet deliveries.
- Preparing hot and cold meals for residents
- Cake decorating.
- Cleaning up your working/training area.
- Cleaning duties in the kitchen/bakery.
- Operating dishwasher/washing up and putting items away.
Dining room / front of house: You must be involved in the following:
- Preparing and setting up of the tables.
- Ensuring the customer area is clean and tidy.
- Operate the till.
- Take food and drink orders from customers.
- Be polite and well mannered at all times.
Literacy / Numeracy / I.C.T / other training:
- Arrive on time for your classes.
- Be prepared for your classes.
- Do any homework set.
- Commit to your classes.
- You must attend a 4 week induction (2 days a week for your first 4 weeks)
- This is a training programme: work here is not paid.
- Lunch will be provided.
- You will have a tea break and a lunch break during your shift
- Quarterly reviews will be held to discuss your training needs and your progress.
- Staff at Crumbs are friendly and supportive, discuss any concerns you may have with them.
- Smoking is not permitted while on duty. You will be allowed to smoke on your breaks in a designated area. Be aware that extra breaks are not given to smokers.
- Please practice consideration for other trainees, like you they are using this opportunity to gain skills and experience to improve their lives in the community.
Or contact us or call our team on 01202 519 320.