Our interns get involved in everything from training, cooking and baking to customer service. Take a look at our current interns below or apply here.
The role of a Crumbs intern, our internship job description
On completing a two year training programme with CRUMBS and fulfilling the criteria set for Internship.
As an Intern your role will be to assist in training, cooking, baking and customer service throughout the project. You will be working and training alongside staff at the CRUMBS Center and Outreach services. You will be expected to maintain your commitment, to lead by example to our trainees, utilise your acquired skills and experience in your work. To attend any further training courses if necessary, understand your role and manage your responsibilities.
- Have good timekeeping.
- Be of smart appearance.
- Wear correct uniform.
- Pay attention to instructions and training given.
- Support your Intern colleagues.
- Behave appropriately and lead by example.
- Personal Hygiene.
- Follow Food Safety rules
- Follow Health & Safety rules.
- Keep good communication with staff and managers.
- Attend 6 monthly appraisals.
Your role: To assist staff and trainees with the following
- Food preparation; vegetable prep, making pastry, Fruit prep.
- Cooking and baking.
- Meal service at CRUMBS Center and Outreach lunch clubs.
- Buffet service.
- Table service.
- Customer service.
- Shopping for supplies; Such as food, cleaning materials, stationery etc.
- Making and serving hot and cold beverages.
- An Internship is not paid work, it is for you to maintain your skills whilst gaining further experience, qualifications and other skills while you are waiting for an Apprenticeship or paid employment.
- Lunch will be provided.
- Bus fare will be refunded.
- As part of your uniform requirements you must supply black trousers and black shoes. We will supply you with T-shirts, Aprons, Hats and hairnets.
- Literacy, numeracy, making connections, training for qualifications and needing help with information or resources will still be available to you while you have Internship with us.
- Six monthly appraisals will be held to discuss your progress and training needs. You will also have the opportunity to discuss anything else that you feel is relevant to work or training at CRUMBS. You will also be able to discuss and plan employment opportunities.
- Remember that staff are here to give you support and help further your skills, if you have any concerns please talk to the staff you are working with or one of the managers.
For more information about how to apply, go to our Application Pack page.
Or contact us or call our team on 01202 519 320.
Our current interns:
“Since coming to Crumbs my confidence has grown, and meeting new people has helped me be a better person.” – Laura.
“I have thoroughly enjoyed my training at Crumbs and the support from the staff has been wonderful. I love to keep busy and am enjoying taking on new responsibilities” – Stephen W.